Iced Bulletproof Coffee
Are you on a low carb, dairy free, or keto diet and you crave that mocha frappucinno you used to enjoy before starting this way of eating? Well look no further! This is a dairy free iced bulletproof coffee that not only supports a low carb or keto diet, but tastes delicious! Full of healthy fats , grass fed collagen and Perfect Keto ketones – this morning drink will give you a big boost of protein and energy for those early morning workouts without all the sugar.
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee
- Gives you an immediate boost in energy and mental clarity
- Keeps you full and curbs your cravings
- Help speed weight loss
- Full of healthy anti-inflammatory fats
- Protects brain function
- Tastes great!!!
If you are just getting started on a ketogenic diet or starting with Intermittent Fasting, Bulletproof beverages are a good tool to help keep you satiated until mealtime. I find the boost in energy and improved cognitive function has made this an essential part of my morning routine. Here is an interesting video by Dr. Perlmutter on the connection between caffeine consumption and ketones.
Benefits of Grass Fed Collagen
- Muscle Maintenance – great for athletes because it contains various amino acids that speed recovery
- Weight Loss – keeps you full longer and rich in glycine which supports liver detoxification
- Anti-Aging – supports skin elasticity, strength and firmness which are key to youthful looking skin and reduces visible signs of wrinkles. Read this study.
- Arthritis and Joint Support – contains chondroitin which supports the joints, tendons and cartilage. Read this study on Osteoarthritis. Read this study on athletes and joint pain.
- Bone Health – collagen contains easy to digest calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulfur and trace minerals which helps build a healthy bone matrix
- Wound Repair – glycine and arginine are two amino acids essential to speedy skin repair
How to make an Iced Bulletproof Coffee
- 1 cup coffee or espresso depending on how strong you like your iced bulletproof coffee
- 1 scoop grass fed collagen ( I use this one from Perfect Keto )
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto base ( I like the Chocolate Sea Salt flavor the best )
- 1 Tbs MCT oil or MCT powder ( start slowly with 1/4 tbs and gradually add more as you tolerate it, can cause digestive issues at first)
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp raw cacao (optional : great for a more chocolaty taste and added Magnesium )
- 1 cup ice
- Add cooled coffee or espresso to your high speed blender. ( I use the Vitamix and love it, but there are other less pricey brands like the Ninja and the Nutribullet. Also worth considering is the affordable Magic Bullet.)
- Add 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- Add 1 cup ice and MCT oil or MCT powder
- Mix in 1 scoop of grass fed collagen and 1 scoop of Perfect Keto Base.
- Add in optional raw cacao if you like a more chocolaty flavor or if you need more Magnesium in your diet
- Blend on high until frothy.
Also check out my recipe for Bulletproof Coffee Pods for a more traditional style of Bulletproof Coffee!
- 1 cup coffee or expresso
- 1 scoop grass fed collagen
- 1 scoop perfect keto base
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon Mct oil or powder
Add cooled coffee or espresso to your high speed blender. ( I use the Vitamix and love it, but there are other less pricey brands like the Ninja and the Nutribullet. Also worth considering is the affordable Magic Bullet.)
Add 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
Add 1 cup ice and MCT oil or powder
Mix in 1 scoop of grass fed collagen and 1 scoop of Perfect Keto Base.
Add in optional raw cacao if you like a more chocolaty flavor or if you need more Magnesium in your diet
Blend on high until frothy.