This yummy salad is a salute to all the men in my life! Personally, I absolutely love salads and just can’t get enough of them. However, my husband and two teenage sons have a different opinion; they do not find a salad very satisfying for some reason. One of the foods that my husband loves is the quintessential classic Italian Sub and my boys would never say no to a sub. So I made this hearty man sized Italian sub salad, and guess what! The guys loved it and even asked for more! Success!
Italian Sub Salad
Gather and prepare all your ingredients. I usually try and buy deli meats and cheeses from hormone free, nitrate free and/or organic sources if possible. If you can not get clean sourced deli meats, look for ones with no nitrates and sugars listed in the ingredients. Also, if you are dairy free like me just omit the provolone cheese. This brand of pepperoncini is the one I prefer and I usually add extra because the flavor is just so nice.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Toss in dressing and enjoy!
I try and eat at least one salad a day to get in all my living plant enzymes and it was always a struggle to get the rest of my family to do the same. This Italian Sub Salad has completely changed the way my boys look at salads! They told me it is so good, they are willing to have it everyday.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumbers diced
- 2 slices provolone diced
- 1.5 ounces salami chopped
- 1.5 ounces sopressata chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini diced
- 4 olives sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Set aside.
Place all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
Toss in dressing and enjoy!