Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
Our family loves those weekend brunch get togethers and one of our mainstays is homemade breakfast sausage. I like to go to the local farmer’s market and get ground pastured pork and ground turkey. You can also use ground venison, just make sure to add enough fatty ground pork to the blend since venison is so lean. This breakfast sausage seasoning will turn almost any ground meat into perfectly seasoned bites of sausage heaven.
Ingredients for 1 pound of ground meat ( turkey, chicken, pork, etc…)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried ground fennel
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes ( optional and you can adjust this to taste, we like things spicy so I add about 1 teaspoon of the red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon of chili powder)
- This is complicated so bear with me!
- In a small bowl mix all the spices together.
- Wow! You are all done.
- Mix the spices into the ground sausage meat and form small patties or links depending on how you like your sausage.
- Make this breakfast sausage seasoning in a large batch ( enough for 10 pounds of sausage ) and keep it in your spice cabinet, so it is ready for whenever you need it.
- Make a large batch of seasoning and mix into your sausage,form your patties and freeze with parchment paper in between.
- Make a big batch and put breakfast sausage seasoning blend into small mason jars for the perfect impromptu gift.
Other Recipes You May Like
Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches