Who doesn’t love an easy recipe that you can prepare in advance for the week.This Broccoli Cheddar Frittata is packed full of nutritional goodness and can be enjoyed for a quick breakfast or packed lunch with a small side salad. I like to make a big batch of these and another batch of my Dairy Free Spinach and Broccoli Frittata, that I keep in the refrigerator for those times I don’t feel like cooking. My kids love them as quick snacks too!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
You will want to include broccoli as one of the cruciferous vegetables you eat on a regular basis if you want to receive the fantastic anti inflammatory benefits of sulforaphane. The presence of strong anti-carcinogenic compounds like glucoraphanin, diindolylmethane, beta-carotene, selenium and other nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E, zinc, potassium and certain amino acids may be beneficial for preventing or fighting cancer.Broccoli is also rich in calcium and other nutrients such as magnesium, zinc and phosphorus, which can be very important for bone health. Broccoli is high in fiber and contains chromium which helps in the proper functioning of insulin and regulates blood sugar.
Broccoli Cheddar Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute chopped broccoli in a skillet until tender ( 3 minutes)
- Place broccoli into the bottom of a 6 cup Pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top of broccoli in a thin even layer.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 6 equal portions.
I just love these quick and easy dishes; they make my life so much easier. This one is a favorite with my family and I’m hoping it might become a favorite of yours too.
You can also customize this with your own favorite flavor combos.
- 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup mushroom, 1/2 cup grated swiss
- 2 cups spinach, 1 cup bacon, 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper, 1 1/2 cup diced ham, 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup mushrooms, 1/4 cup onions, 1 1/2 cups roast beef, 1/2 cup grated cheddar ( top with sour cream and scallions)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper, 1/4 cup diced jalepenos, 1/4 pound chorizo, 1/2 cup grated manchego (top with guacamole)