Bulletproof Coffee Pods
Do you love to have your Bulletproof Coffee in the morning but hate measuring out everything, each and every morning? Would you like to make your coffee once you get to work but lack a portable solution? Do you want to try a Bulletproof Coffee that everyone has been talking about and you can’t tolerate dairy? Well, this is your answer! Bulletproof Coffee Pods. Easy, convenient and portable. What more could you ask for?
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee (BPC)
- Gives you an immediate boost in energy and mental clarity
- Keeps you full and curbs your cravings
- Help speed weight loss
- Full of healthy anti-inflammatory fats
- Protects brain function
- Tastes great!!!
I am usually slow in the mornings and the last thing I want to do is to measure out tons ingredients everyday to make my bulletproof beverage. I created these bulletproof coffee pods so that my morning routine would be easy and foolproof. Who knew I would also be holed up in a hotel room for 6 1/2 weeks doing radiation. At least I made a bunch of these bulletproof pods so that I can make all my bulletproof coffee in my hotel room every morning. So if you like to have your coffee or tea later at the office or are traveling, these little bulletproof pods are the answer.
If you are just getting started on a ketogenic diet or starting with Intermittent Fasting, Bulletproof beverages are a good tool to help keep you satiated until mealtime. I find the boost in energy and improved cognitive function has made this an essential part of my morning routine. Here is an interesting video by Dr. Perlmutter on the connection between caffeine consumption and ketones.
Bulletproof Coffee Pods
The first thing you need to do is to assemble all your ingredients. If you do not own a food scale, I highly recommend purchasing one, as it will increase the accuracy of your portions and help you with tracking your food macronutrients.I have included links to the brands I use for my bulletproof coffee pods, but feel free to experiment.
- Food scale (highly recommended)
- 24 portion silicone pod mold
- large microwave safe measuring cup
- Organic cocoa butter
- Brain Octane MCT oil ( this is the only brand I use because it is derived only from coconuts and is pure C8 and not a blend which makes it more bioavailable)
- Raw cacao
- Organic coconut oil (if you like the butter flavor and are dairy free try this butter flavored coconut oil)
- Grassfed butter or ghee if you are dairy tolerant ( grassfed butters such as Kerrygold are high in beneficial CLA-conjugated linoleic acid, vitamin K2, and Omega 3’s)
- Vitamin D3 with K2 ( this is optional but I add in the D3 with mine for convenience)
How to make Bulletproof Coffee Pods
- Weigh out 200 grams of cocoa butter and place in a glass bowl or large measuring cup.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and microwave 1 more minute on high.
- Take out and stir in the MCT oil and raw cacao until the cocoa butter is completely melted.
- Add in the coconut oil and Vitamin D3 (optional). Stir until blended.
- Put your silicone mold on top of a solid tray so you can transport to the freezer without spilling. ( Important!)
- Pour into your silicone mold and place in freezer for 30 minutes or until solidified.
- Take your mold out of the freezer and pop out your pods.
- Place into a container and store in refrigerator until needed.
How to make a Bulletproof Coffee
Things you need
- Bulletproof coffee pod
- Stevia to taste
- Blender or if you are traveling ( frother and stainless steel frothing pitcher)
- 8 oz. organic coffee of choice ( we use a locally sourced coffee Rutamaya)
Steps for a perfect cup of Bulletproof Coffee
- Put one bulletproof coffee pod in your blender or frothing pitcher
- Pour in one cup of hot coffee
- Blend until emulsified and frothy.
- Add stevia to taste and Enjoy!!!
Other Bulletproof Beverages
If you are not a coffee drinker, no worries. You can still have all the benefits of a bulletproof coffee without the coffee. Here are a few options ( you can just substitute the coffee)
- herbal tea
- green tea
- mushroom coffee or mushroom elixir ( one of my favorites because of all the health benefits)
- coconut milk ( tasty treat- reminds me of hot chocolate)
- power up BPC ( add 1 big scoop of grass fed collagen before blending) adds protein and improves skin elasticity