This is my “Breakfast of Champions”! There are so many ketogenic pancake recipes online and they all look so delish!!! But, unfortunately they were all based on cream cheese which is a no no for me. I tested out a few recipes and my husband and sons enjoyed them all, while I looked on in sheer envy. Finally, I decided to work on a dairy free version of keto pancakes. I won’t lie; it was not easy and after many trials, I think I have finally done it! I hope you will enjoy these as much as I have.
Dairy Free Ketogenic Pancakes
- 1- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla, depending on your taste – I personally prefer vanilla) You may need to add more or less depending on the type of coconut flour you use to achieve the right consistency of batter which should be slightly runny but still hold its shape.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon low carb Sweetener of choice ( I prefer Monksweet)
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until batter is smooth and all lumps are gone. Blend on high another minute or two to incorporate more air to give the pancakes a fluffier texture.
- Heat flat top or pan and coat with avocado or coconut oil.
- Pour enough batter out to make a 3″ pancake. It should only take a few minutes each side. Make sure to oil after each batch.
I make a double batch of these every weekend and freeze them in individual portions, so that they are ready whenever I feel the need for pancakes.
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
On a ketogenic diet, I rarely eat fruit because of the higher carb counts. However, limited amounts of berries are allowed, so I decided that strawberries would be the perfect complement to my ketogenic pancakes. With their slightly tangy sweetness, they remind me of the warm summer days I spent as a young girl picking my own strawberries. Of course back then, I would eat most of what I picked, but unfortunately that is no longer the case.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon low carb sweetener ( I prefer Monksweet )
- Wash and clean your strawberries.
- Add coconut milk , sweetener and blend until smooth with your immersion blender.
- Set aside while you make the pancakes ( You can add a few drops of liquid stevia to taste if you need it sweeter)
You can also make a “mini layer cake” with the Keto Pancakes and 2 minute Chocolate Avocado Pudding.