This quick and easy meal is perfect for those hot summer days when you don’t have much time and want something cool and refreshing. I love the combination of avocados paired with the creamy rich crab meat salad. You can even prepare the crab salad ahead of time and refrigerate. It will keep for several days. Eat it plain or pop it into an avocado or on a bed of fresh greens.
Easy Avocado and Crab Salad
Such a simple, yet delicious summer meal. You can make this easy avocado and crab salad in five minutes or less. If you don’t have crab on hand, try it with tuna, cooked shrimp or leftover shredded chicken. The possibilities are endless. I find what makes the biggest difference with this crab salad is the quality of the mayonnaise. You can either make your own, I recommend my easy homemade avocado oil mayonnaise or you can buy a quality one like the one from Chosen Foods or Primal Kitchen.
How to make Easy Avocado and Crab Salad
- In a large mixing bowl combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. Whisk until combined.
- Add salt, pepper, and dried dill to the mixture and stir.
- Fold in drained lump crabmeat, celery and green onion into the dressing mixture until well mixed and refrigerate. (This can be prepared the day before)
- Halve and pit each avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill with lump crabmeat salad and enjoy!