Looking for a quick and easy idea for on the go breakfast and snacks? Well look no further! These egg muffin cups are great! If you are someone who likes to meal prep for the week, so that you will have delicious keto snacks and keto breakfasts, this is your grab and go solution. They are so versatile and can be made from leftovers and tailored to fit your tastes.
Gather Your Ingredients
- You will need a silicone muffin tray, it makes clean up so much easier. I have tried making these in a regular cupcake tray and it took me longer to scrub out and clean the tray then it took to make all the muffin cups.
- 12 slices of ham ( I prefer Serrano ham which you can find economically at Costco, but you can use parma or prosciutto depending on your preference)
- 9 eggs and 3 Tablespoons of either heavy whipping cream or if you are dairy-free , coconut milk or avocado oil mayonnaise.
- 3/4 cup Veggies of choice : Pick whatever low carb or keto vegetable you like. Have some leftover roasted broccoli? No problem! Just use it up here. (One of my favorites is chopped roasted asparagus.)
- Do you love meat? or have leftover chicken? leftover taco meat? Sure go ahead!
- Cheese lovers ? Parmesan, Manchego, Cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella………. Mmmmm Cheese!
- Fresh Herbs! By all means! chives, cilantro, parsley, thyme, etc……
How to Make Egg Muffin Cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line silicon muffin tray with one slice of ham per cup forming a cup.
- Divide your chosen veggie equally into portions and place in the bottom of the muffin cup on top of the ham.
- Place any other add in you fancy ( bacon, chorizo, turkey, feta cheese, cheddar, swiss )
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream (dairy free: coconut milk or mayonnaise ) Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or herbs. (optional )
- Bake for approximately 17-20 minutes until eggs are just done.
- Let cool and easily pop them out of your silicon muffin tray.
Egg Muffin Cups for Every Occasion
- Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce
- Taco meat, monterey jack cheese, salsa, sour cream and avocado
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill
- Bacon, Mushrooms and cheese
- Artichoke hearts, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes
- Spinach, mushroom and feta
- Asparagus, green peppers and olive
- Spinach, garlic and cream cheese
- Chorizo, jalapeno, salsa and cilantro
- Bacon, monterey jack cheese, mushrooms and sour cream
Meal Prep Tips
- Make two to three dozen in different flavors every week for impromptu snacks
- Wonderful opportunity to use up some of those leftovers
- They will last about a week refrigerated
- Can be enjoyed hot ( microwave for about 30 sec.) or cold.
- Ideal for packed lunches, just pair them with a small side salad with a fatty ranch dressing