Healthy Truffled Egg Salad
I am so in love with this Healthy Egg Salad recipe. It assembles in a pinch and is the perfect low carb, keto snack or main dish. I love this so much that I like to make a big batch every week and keep it ready in the refrigerator to be enjoyed by some hungry, hungry boys!
One of my favorite dishes is a good egg salad, but I always hated peeling all the hard boiled eggs. Recently, I have been experimenting with my Instant Pot and discovered that you can make hard boiled eggs in 4 minutes. Not only are they quick and easy with one press of a button, but most importantly they peel effortlessly.
How to make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
Nothing could be quicker and easier than making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. Great for egg salad, hard boiled egg snacks, and deviled eggs. Before I discovered this easy way of making oh so peelable eggs, I used to dread the time I had to spend peeling, trying to get all the little bits of shell off without ripping off a big chunk of white. I tried ice baths, using older eggs, and all the other “secrets” of easy to peel eggs, but nothing really worked until I tried the Instant Pot.
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot inner pot
- Place a steamer basket in the bottom on the inner pot
- Place one dozen raw eggs gently into the steamer basket
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to sealing
- Cook on Manual for 4 minutes
- Once it is done and beeps, quick release the steam and uncover
- Take the eggs out with a ladle ( be careful, it will be hot) and place into an ice bath or a bowl of cold water
- Now you can enjoy peeling these! The shells should slip right off.
How to Make Healthy Truffled Egg Salad
- One dozen large pastured eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup homemade avocado oil mayo or you can use a store-bought one from Chosen foods or Primal Kitchen
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Truffle oil
- Dice up your hard boiled eggs and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, salt and truffle oil.
- Gently fold in all ingredients until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.
- Best served chilled.
- Serve on top of a green salad
- Wrap egg salad in lettuce with a couple slices of bacon
- Egg salad slider made with my slider bun recipe
- Serve egg salad in half an avocado for an extra healthy fat boost
Other Salads you might like