Just in time for Mother’s Day
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict – I never thought I would get to experience your yumminess again! This was one of my favorite breakfast dishes before I switched over to a ketogenic way of life. Not only do I follow a very strict ketogenic diet, due to all my health issues, but unfortunately I also have to forgo dairy. I am by no means perfect, especially when it comes to cravings. I will slip in the occasional bits of parmesan, as I stare lovingly at my husband’s cheese covered meals. Oh the agony! It is my pleasure to present to you just in time for Mother’s Day, my answer to all those cravings. Dairy Free Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict! Don’t worry, if you dont like salmon you can always do a traditional Eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon.
The first thing you will need is two of my Dairy Free Keto Slider Buns. Carefully slice each one in half and toast. Put your “english muffins” aside for now while you prepare the other components of your dish.
I usually gather all of the ingredients I will need so that the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict will be easy to assemble. I like to make sure my smoked salmon is room temperature and the Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce is all ready to go before I poach my eggs. I like to double the recipe for the Hollandaise because it never hurts to have a little extra on hand.
Easy Egg Poaching
- Fill your saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, measure out 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and add to your water.
- Crack your egg into a small bowl.
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium until it simmers.
- Swirl the water with your slotted spoon until it looks like a small whirlpool.
- Gently and I mean very gently, slide your egg into the water.
- Set your timer to 3 minutes (soft) 4-4.5 minutes (setting) 5 minutes ( set yolk).
- Remove your egg gently and enjoy!
Putting it all together
- Place your toasted and sliced slider bun on a plate.
- Gently transfer your perfectly poached egg on top of your bun.
- Top with 2 oz. of smoked salmon.
- Pour on a good portion of your Hollandaise sauce on top and garnish with fresh herbs.Smoked Salmon Benedicts just happen to be my favorite, but you can make almost any kind you want. The ketogenic possibilities are endless. Please let me know if you have any favorites that you would like to see adapted to a Ketogenic diet.