Need an easy yet impressive ketogenic treat for July the Fourth? Nothing more yummy than mini strawberry cheesecakes and they are even red, white and blue! Not only are these great for potlucks and picnics, but I guarantee that your non- keto friends will not even know the difference. I made these today for my husband and boys and they were a total hit. I even cheated by having dairy, but it was totally worth the small cheat.
Mini Ketogenic Strawberry Cheesecakes
I thought about doing a big traditional cheesecake but decided that these mini ketogenic cheesecakes would be so much more fun. Not only are they incredibly cute but the small size is perfect for portion control. And believe me once you have a taste you will need portion control! Do you happen to have a celebration or event where you need to bring something you can eat on your diet? Double this recipe and you will have the perfect ketogenic treat! Also take a look at my Ketogenic Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting.
Making the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper cupcake liners in your baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crust and mix until combined.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down evenly to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Blend together fresh strawberries and sweetener with your immersion blender and set aside.
- Place your cream cheese, lemon zest and sweetener in the bowl of your stand mixer and cream until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and sour cream and mix until completely smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the cupcake liners.
- Place approximately 3/4 teaspoon of strawberry drizzle on top of each mini cheese cake and swirl it through the cheese cake mixture with a toothpick.
- Bake at 325 degrees F, for 35 minutes
- Let cool and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before enjoying!
Keto Friendly Sweeteners
One word about ketogenic friendly sweeteners. Many brands use bulking agents such as maltodextrin and crystalline fructose. Alway check the list of ingredients on your preferred sweetener for hidden sugars and starches which are not keto friendly. After much experimentation, these are my favorites.
- Monksweet – I like this one the best for baking. Because it is a blend, I find that you get more sweetness with no weird aftertaste. Monksweet is a blend of erythritol, monk fruit and stevia.
- Sweetleaf Stevia Drops – Liquid stevia is my “go to” for all my beverages. I even carry a bottle in my purse so that I can sweeten my tea or coffee while eating out.
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener – This sweetener is a fantastic choice if you have sensitivities to erythritol or stevia.
- Swerve – This is usually my last choice as it is pure erythritol and erythritol can cause insulin resistance for some people. They also have a confectioner’s sugar.
- Zylitol – some people like this sweetener, but is is incredibly toxic to pets. Since I have dogs, I do not like to even have zylitol in the house.
If you do have any left, and you probably won’t – you can always freeze them for a day when you need a treat. Please let me know if you enjoy these!