Such a surprisingly simple, yet delicious chocolate avocado pudding! Full of fiber and healthy plant fats because of it’s main ingredient: avocados. My first attempt at chocolate avocado pudding was years ago when I was following a vegetarian diet. However, at the time I was not limiting carbohydrates and natural sugars so I sweetened everything with raw honey or brown rice syrup. After starting on the ketogenic, low carb way of eating, I have adapted this chocolate avocado pudding to fit into my new lifestyle.
Two Minute Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Not only does this chocolate avocado pudding satisfy those chocolate sweet cravings but it is quick to make and full of nutrients. It is also a quick way to use up those avocados that are in danger of over ripening. The chocolate avocado pudding will last about a week in the refrigerator. Sometimes, I will just have a big bowl of my pudding with a few raspberries for lunch. Another fun idea is to layer the chocolate avocado pudding with my pancakes for a decadent breakfast or unique dessert. You can even use this pudding as a topping for my vanilla cupcakes.
- Very high in Potassium (more than bananas) which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- High in heart healthy oleic acid which reduces inflammation and been shown to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer
- High in fiber which can have many benefits for weight loss and metabolic health
- Increase antioxidant absorption from other foods especially those containing “fat soluble” vitamins A, D, E and K… along with antioxidants like carotenoids
- Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are nutrients important for the prevention of cataracts and overall eye health
- Boosts serotonin levels which can balance hormonal mood swings
- Contains flavanols which are anti-inflammatory and heart protective antioxidants that protect against cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of stroke, and help improve blood circulation.
- Polyphenol antioxidants can protect cells from premature oxidation and keep us looking and feeling younger.
- High concentration of Magnesium which helps to protect against osteoporosis, reduces type II diabetes, and lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces insulin resistance and sensitivity
How to Make 2 Minute Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Blend together mashed avocados, cocoa powder ( I use 1 Tablespoon of Valrhona and 2 Tablespoons of raw cacao for a richer flavor) and sweetener until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Slowly add in coconut milk and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
- 2 avocados mashed
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Monksweet amount according to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk amount depending on thickness
Blend together mashed avocados, cocoa powder and sweetener until smooth with an immersion blender.
Slowly add in coconut milk and blend until desired consistency is reached
Refrigerate and enjoy!