Instant Pot Keto Crème Brulé
One of my personal favorite desserts is crème brûlée. It is such a nice elegant ending to a wonderful meal. What may surprise you is just how easy it is to make, especially in the Instant pot.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and nine minutes in the Instant pot. Couldn’t be easier! Instant pot Keto Crème Brulé makes any meal a special event with a minimum of effort.
Impromptu dinner party, no problem. Non-keto diners, no problem. I guarantee they won’t even know the difference. It’s just our secret.
How to make Instant Pot Crème Brulé
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Keto compliant sweetener (I prefer Monksweet or Lakanto classic) Use 3 tablespoons for the cream mixture and reserve 2 for the topping.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Kitchen Tools Needed
- In a mixing bowl combine heavy whipping cream, yolks, 3 tablespoons sweetener and vanilla.
- Whisk together until well combined
- Pour mixture into 6 small 4 oz ramekins
- Cover each ramekin individually with aluminum foil
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of the inner pot
- Place silicon steamer on top
- Carefully place three ramekins into the steamer
- Place the remaining three ramekins on top of the bottom three slightly offsetting them so that the bottom ones will support the top ones.
- Close lid and make sure valve is set to seal
- Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes
- Release steam and open lid
- Let cool and refrigerate for at least a few hours ( it’s best served cold, but I have been known to eat a warm one right out of the pot. They have more of a custard texture when eaten warm.)
How to Make the Crème Brulé Topping
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Keto sweetener on top of each crème brûlée
- Place the ramekins onto a cookie sheet, so that you don’t end up burning your table or countertop. (Guess how I know that one!)
- Using a hand torch, burn the sugar until it darkens. Make sure to do this in a well ventilated area and be careful as you are working with an open flame. (Just a note, the Keto sweetener will not get the hard crackle of sugar but it does come close, so if you have some non-Keto diners, I usually top theirs with real sugar.)
More About Crème Brulé
- This is pretty minimalistic dessert for a quick shot.
- The name “Crème Brulé” actually means burnt cream.
- You can pretty much say that this is just a custard with a fancy topping.
- The top of the dish needs to be hard, this will provide an extra crispiness to your dish.
- For perfect top, make sure that you are keeping ramekins five to six inches away from the boiler.