I remember one of my fondest memories growing up was when my parents took me out to eat at the Black Eyed Pea. Being a creature of habit, I would always order the same exact thing every time: chicken fried chicken with cream style gravy and two servings of the squash casserole.
Never mind that I didn’t like squash, in this casserole it was GOOD! This recipe for keto southern squash casserole is reminiscent of my childhood, and even though it is low in carbs, it is definitely not low in flavor.
If squash is just not your thing, I TOTALLY understand. My youngest son gags at just the thought of squash, then this recipe is probably not for you.
But if you are on the fence, this keto southern squash casserole just might make a believer out of you. It is pure Southern comfort at its best and our family, except my youngest, can’t seem to get enough of it.
How to Make Keto Southern Squash Casserole
Other Low Carb/ Keto sides you may Enjoy!
Benefits Of Keto Southern Squash Casserole
There is another reason that I, personally love these dishes because it allows me to follow a keto diet and no one would be able to know about the same.
- These makes sense when you are looking to reduce your appetite.
- Low carbs will make sure that your calorie intake is reduced.
- Keto maintains adequate amount of fuel for your body in order to meet the requirements of day-to-day energy needs.
- It also makes sure that the maximum fat loss occurs from the abdominal cavity.
- Also, when you take a low-carb diet, your triglycerides levels drops as well.